Does the smulator support

Feb 3, 2014 at 3:16 PM
the JAVA JCE environment? I have read the documentation but I am not fully sure how I would set things up. From my horizon the simulator would play the role of a network connected hardware unit, and if everything worked in an analogue way, I would expect to set up my Key Management/config/config.xml to point to 127.0.0.1, port 9998 and follow the nshield_connect_and_netHSM_user_guide.pdf on how to setup a secure world. When done I would expect to be able to run the /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_30/bin/java com.ncipher.provider.InstallationTest class to get a suitable printout (yep, I do realize that I have to setup security.policy and set the policy to cover unrestricted cryptography, all done :-).

HOwever, it seams like I don't get a connection? Nor Am i able to run command like anonkneti.exe -p 9998 127.0.0.1 to reach simulator (the simulator gets a connect but no further information is presented).

Given my newbie status on this platform, I guess the problem resides between the chair and the keyboard, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

regards