Thales HSM Error Code 41

Jul 25, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Hi guys , I am not sure if anybody has had this problem or if this is the appropriate place to post (codeplex newbie) :

I've tried to verify dCVV using PM HSM command (schema = 0, version = 0) with HSM simulator.

I keep getting back an Error Code 41 response and I am not sure what this means. Can anybody help in describing the possible causes for error code 41?

Thanks in advance,
Jul 25, 2013 at 10:31 AM
any help would be appreciated. I am using the PM command to verify a cvv (schema = 0 , version = 0), and the
response has error code 41. Does anybody know what the problem might be?
Jul 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Hi Nick,

it has been some time since the first message post. any help would be appreciated. I am using the PM command to verify a cvv (schema = 0 , version = 0), and the
response has error code 41. Does anybody know what the problem might be?

having done some more digging I have found the following:

error code 41 : internal hardware, software error : bad RAM , invalid error codes etc.

this is purely in a simulation environment so it is safe to rule out any hardware issues. as far as software is concerned , I am not sure if the NTG Thales HSM library
supports scheme ID = 0 , version = 0 . In the xml definitions for host commands in the NTG simulator seem to only allow for specific values regarding scheme ID (acceptable value 1) and version (acceptable value 2) could this be the problem?