Not Send Message After Print

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to not send the second message (print job status) after a new set of numbers has been requested? It sure would make debugging easier since I keep hitting the same breakpoint.

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I'm guessing that you're using a command that has print output. Unfortunately, the only way to do that is to change the source code of the command you're using and recompile.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Yeah, I was kinda guessing that. I was looking at the GenerateAndPrintComponent_A2.vb module to see if I could put an entry in the GenerateAndPrintComponent_A2.xml file to make it a runtime option, but I was having a difficult time finding which object holds the XML data so I threw in the towel and just returned Nothing from the ConstructResponseAfterOperationComplete method. Not the most elegant, but it seems to work. Once I have time, I might revisit the code to see if I can find the object needed because right now, I just have two different DLL's on my system and use the one that I need depending on the the testing.

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Well, if it works it can't be too bad! That's how I would do it to, for one specific command. If you need to disable for all commands, change ThalesMain.vb and specifically the code at WCMessageArrived that handles these events.