thales client-tcp/ip trace

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM

great work Nick.. thanks for putting this together. I stumbled upon this one while writing some thales client code. If you have a tcp trace(ex: from wireshark or other tcp trace) for all supported commands, can you please share with us? that might help us a lot to isolate the problem to either client or server. I am sure most of the time, the issue will be with the client.:). that will be a great starting point to build client commands.

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Edited Nov 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Unfortunately I don't have such a trace.

I didn't quite understand what the problem with the client is...?

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:34 PM

There was a problem with my client code when sending DC command to the simulator. Then, I referred to the PVVdemo project and resolved the error in my client. The tcp/ip trace is just a suggestion, wireshark can listen on the tcp/ip sockets silently and I find that its very useful debug tool. If we have a tcp/ip log reference of sample commands and responses, that will be greate starting point while writing client code. I find interpreting commands from the manual and writing them in code is not always a straight forward task.

Hopefully, if any other project members use this tool, they might be able to post!!!

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Down in the weeds, eh? Perhaps it's not a bad idea. I suppose it's easy enough to get traces between the simulator and a client but I guess you're looking for traces between the client and the real thing. I don't know how standard is the standard HSM configuration these days but messages can be affected by the header/trailer size and content.