Printer configuration on HSM Simulator

May 3, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Hi,

I have used JE & PE commands successfully.

Only thing left is to configure printer on HSM Simulator.

Any help on this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Shabber

May 3, 2012 at 5:48 AM

any help ???

:(

Coordinator
May 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Please note that it's pretty unreasonable to expect a reply within an hour. Enhance your calm and someone will pick this up at some point.

May 3, 2012 at 10:30 AM

OK.

Actually JE command is working fine.

For PE Command I am having problem how to set print format for this.

Without setting print, when i pass PE command then it gives me errors code "00" and does not provide the "PIN and reference number check value" value.

Coordinator
May 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM

The PE command doesn't do any processing at all. It just responds back with 00.

May 4, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Thanks Nick again for providing the information.

Actually, In manual pdf file, it says that it returns the  "PIN and reference number check value".

I want to get print out of the "PIN" . And as per my understanding we i just need to send PE commnand and it will print itself. I dont know how to configure printer with HSM Simulator. I am using windows 7.

I spent whole day yesterday doing RND on this, but no success..

Regards,

Shabber

Coordinator
May 4, 2012 at 5:54 AM

There's nothing to figure out as far as the simulator is concerned. There is no printer output. All commands that deal with printer formatting or printer output perform no processing at all. They are implemented only to ensure that callers that use them don't break.

On a real HSM, you would first use the send printer formatting command and then use other commands that output data to the printer. You need to check out the manual for that.

May 4, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Thanks you very much Nick!

Really very helpful for me.

I would like to appreciate the Simulator development and source code, it is really a great sharing for us. As I am very new for such applications and source code which you shared is very understandable for new users.

Best Regards,

Shabber